2018-10-27

2018 World Series Projection, October 27

Boston over Los Angeles

World Series
LAD 1-2 BOS

League Championship Series
HOU 1-4 BOS
LAD 4-3 MIL

Division Series
CLE 0-3 HOU
NYY 1-3 BOS
ATL 1-3 LAD
COL 0-3 MIL

Wildcard Round
OAK 0-1 NYY
COL 1-0 CHC


TeamStrengthWin
BOS0.638270.61
LAD0.626529.39

I thought about staying up and watching the end of the game, but you never know with extra innings. I gave up after 11, and I was sort of glad I did when I woke up and saw the game went 18 innings. Lost in all that is the odd move of bringing in David Price to pitch in the bottom of the 9th. He just pitched 6 innings in game 2, although only 88 pitches. After I thought about it though, it made a little bit of sense. If Boston could have won game 3, their goal then would be to win game 4 and Price would not have gotten another start. Now that LA has forced the series to at least 5 games, there's some likelihood his turn could come up again. I don't know enough about his routine to know if those 13 pitches in game 3 will affect his availability or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment