2013-10-31

2013 World Series Projections Wrapup

I graphed out my projections over the last month. The postseason was fairly unsurprising, with the NL and AL favorites making the World Series, and the very slight underdog Red Sox winning it. I think this graph is easier to read than a line graph. I've listed the teams weakest to strongest top to bottom, and the size of their bar each day indicates their share of World Series chances.



Worst Position for Boston: 18.27% on October 13, down 0-1 in the ALCS
Best Position for the Cardinals: 69.46% on October 27, up 2-1 in the World Series after the (no longer) infamous obstruction call.
Best Position for an LCS loser: 31.21% for Detroit, on October 13, up 1-0 in the ALCS
Best Position for an LDS loser: 18.57% for Oakland, on October 8, up 2-1 in the ALDS
Best Position for a Wildcard loser: 4.84% for Cincinnati, October 1, before playing Pittsburgh

Obviously, I wanted the Cardinals to wind up as champions, but I enjoyed this postseason. The games were mostly good, and the meaningful nature of playoff baseball means I don't feel bad about watching 2, 3, or 4 games in a day. Congrats to the Red Sox, and for everyone else, pitchers and catchers report in under 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment