2012-10-23

2012 World Series Projection, October 23

World Series
DET 0-0 SF

League Championship Series
STL 3-4 SF
DET 4-0 NYY

Divison Series
STL 3-2 WAS
SF 3-2 CIN
BAL 2-3 NYY
DET 3-2 OAK

Wildcard Round
STL 1-0 ATL
BAL 1-0 TEX

TeamStrengthWSWin
SF0.5468100.0052.11
DET0.5372100.0047.89

When they were down 0-2 to Cincinnati, the Giants had a 2.3% chance of winning the World Series, and now are favored over Detroit. Winning 6 elimination games in a single postseason is pretty impressive. I don't know if the Cardinals got overconfident, the Giants turned up the intensity, or just the randomness of baseball played went against the Cardinals this time. I'm a little conflicted about who to root for in the World Series. The Giants are the NL team, and they beat my Cardinals, tempting me to want to be beaten by the best team. On the other hand, it's hard to flip from rooting against a team to rooting for them so quickly, and Detroit has a few guys I like, such as Prince Fielder and Jim Leyland. I think I'll root for the AL team this year, since I'd like to see Jim Leyland get one more World Series, and San Francisco did just win in 2010. Either way, I think I'll enjoy this World Series on the nights I get to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment