2015-05-17

eBay Wins #170

Today, I break free from my need for neat, orderly scans with a 2-card horizontal-vertical combo, which provides no way to avoid whitespace, apart from doing two separate scans. Maybe that would have been the move.

1997 Upper Deck Collector's Choice
#322 Mark Thompson
#323 Walt Weiss
I always do a cursory search of players I don't recognize, and even some I do, to see if they played for the Cardinals. Generally, I find nothing, as I remember most Cardinals, especially those who played for the team after 1992 when I started watching, or even after the junk wax era began, let's say 1985. But here's Mark Thompson, heretofore unknown to me as a Cardinal, who actually played the last year and a half of his career with St. Louis. He made 5 starts in 1999, and 20 relief appearances in 2000. Clearly there's a bit of a gap in my baseball memory, from right around the time there's a gap in my baseball card collection, starting in 1999 or 2000.

I bet you thought this post would be mostly about Walt Weiss.

eBay Bargain Tracker
Total Cards Bought3279
Total Spent$51.29
Per Card1.564 cents
Change-0.001 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment