2014-08-20

2013 Topps Update Jumbo Pack #10

It's the final pack in my quest at the full run of 990 cards in 2013 Topps.

A fan of the other Missouri baseball team gave me trouble about all the Cardinals in Pack 9, but he was the only one to comment, so I shall reward him with all of the Royals in Pack 10.

2013 Topps Update
#US40 Tim Collins
#US75 Ty Wigginton
Emerald Parallel #US141 Chris Carter
Franchise Forerunners #FF-8 Nolan Ryan/Yu Darvish
Gold Parallel #US166 Kevin Gregg #0845/2013
Making Their Mark #MM-28 Nick Franklin
Well, as far as base cards go, this pack had one Cardinal, and one Royal. I don't really know much about Tim Collins, but I do know this is my first card of Ty Wigginton in a Cardinal uniform. He didn't last very long here, but I'll still collect his cards. That Nolan Ryan guy down on the left isn't bad either.

2013 Topps Update
Chasing History #CH-108 Shelby Miller
1971 Topps Mini #TM-25 Shelby Miller
This pack had not one, but two Shelby Miller insert cards, modeling both the home and road jerseys, I think. Maybe the mini is just poorly lit.

After the last pack, I still had 45 cards to go, or so I thought. All 44 of the base cards in this pack were new, according to my list. That left one card, #109. I looked in the already sorted pile from the previous 9 packs, and sure enough, there was a #109 in there. I must have just misclicked when entering my cards into Zistle.

Also, I mentioned back in Pack 3 that I had a dinged up Wilson Betemit card. I did get an additional copy of that one along the way, so I have a full, undamaged set. All in all, I think my decision to get a Jumbo box of Update was a good one. I will probably do the same for 2014. As for Series 1 and 2 this year, I'm still a little on the fence, so it might come down to the price I find for Jumbo boxes and the factory set.

Update Series Completion: 330/330 (100.0%)

No comments:

Post a Comment