2013-04-18

A Real Lineage Blaster, Extreme Value Style

I thought I was clever and "beating the system" when I built my own blaster last time, but then I found this Extreme Value Blaster at Target for $11.99. For the same price (give or take a few pennies) as 56 cards in 4 of those packs, I got 8 packs of 7, so 56 cards, plus a relic card. Foiled again by the discount store sales cycle!

2011 Lineage
#40 Stan Musial
#141 Ozzie Smith
First up are 2 Cardinals Hall of Famers.


2011 Lineage
#9 Matt Holliday
#178 Albert Pujols
#189 Jaime Garcia
And 3 present-day Cardinals (as of 2011 at least). I got Pujols and Garcia in my last grouping, but Holliday is new.


2011 Lineage - Platinum Diamond
#19 Larry Walker
#157 Wandy Rodriguez
Here are some more not-really-that-blue Platinum parallels.The blue scan makes the purple Rockies uniform clash horribly; the real card is slightly less offensive. He is still wearing a purple jersey, after all. But it's former Cardinal Larry Walker, so I'm happy.


2011 Lineage
Diamond Anniversary #184 Josh Hamilton
Sometimes I look back at gimmicks like these Diamond Anniversary parallels and think they were dumb, but in this case, I kinda really want to get all 200 of these.


2011 Lineage
Topps Rookies #TR6 Jake McGee
This guy's listed at 6'3", 190lbs. There's no way that's right unless this is a terribly awkward angle.


2011 Lineage
Topps 3D #T3D15 Evan Longoria
Another Tampa Bay Ray, this time in threeeeee-deeeeee.


2011 Lineage
Stand Ups #TS14 Joey Votto
Here's a card that will never live out its destiny, since I can't bring myself to break the perforations.


2011 Lineage
Cloth Stickers #TCS11 Jackie Robinson
And another, unless I can find an excellent, permanent place to put this sticker.


2011 Lineage
Checklist 1 of 4
Boom, finished the Checklists subset! Ok, I know, that's not really a subset. But whatever, I've got all 4 now.

2011 Lineage - 1975 Minis
#145 Adrian Gonzalez
#161 Luis Aparicio
Minis! Neither variety of Sox is the team I primarily root for, but these look good enough I just might want to grab all 200 of this parallel too.


2011 Lineage
1975 Mini Relics #75-NR Nolan Ryan
Finally, we have the money card: the mini relic. Nolan Ryan has to be one of the biggest stars in this set, at least in my mind. He's also one of the first guys I knew as a storied veteran since I started really watching baseball in 1992. I'm really happy with this card. The jersey swatch even has a little character in it, as it appears that it might be where a button was, due to the 4 holes.

Who am I kidding, the guy who wrong that last post was foolish; this relic was well worth getting the blaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment