2013-01-28

2012 Opening Day Rack Pack #5

My 5th Target Rack Pack of Opening Day was my most Cardinal-heavy to date, with 3 current and 1 former Cardinal among the 21 base cards. That's not bad considering there are only 7 current Cardinals in the whole 220-card set.

2012 Opening Day #60 Adam Wainwright
I cheated and re-used this Waino scan from Pack 3.

2012 Opening Day #64 Dan Haren
I also cheated and re-used the Haren scan from Pack 1. Some might say I'm cheating by counting him among Cardinals, but it's my blog, my collection, my rules. He's a Cardinal!

2012 Opening Day #96 Chris Carpenter
Finally, a fresh card, and it's a Chris Carpenter to boot.

2012 Opening Day #154 Yadier Molina
Arguably even better than Carpenter is Yadier Molina.

2012 Opening Day - Elite Skills #ES-4 Ian Kinsler
At first I scanned this because it was an insert, but then I noticed who's being doubled-up in the play. It's none other than our own Rafael Furcal. I'm counting it as a half, so that's 4 and a half Cardinals in this pack. Oddly enough, this is the very first Rafael Furcal card I've tagged on my blog.

2012 Opening Day - Opening Day Stars #ODS-24 Dustin Pedroia
These 3D cards lose a lot of the effect when they're put in sleeves, but I'm not sure how else to protect them. Presumably pages would have the same problem.

2012 Opening Day - Superstar Celebrations #SC-20 Martin Prado
Didn't we just see this guy? Hopefully another Opening Day collector (are they any among the adults in the blogosphere?) will come along and pluck some of these duplicates from my collection.

As always, the base cards:
9 Chris Young
11 Michael Morse
19 Mat Latos
28 Michael Young
39 Michael Cuddyer
40 Domonic Brown
45 Mark Melancon
46 Chris Sale
60 Adam Wainwright
62 Ervin Santana
64 Dan Haren
69 Tim Lincecum
88 John Axford
91 Jayson Werth
96 Chris Carpenter
138 Russell Martin
141 Drew Storen
149 Adrian Gonzalez
154 Yadier Molina
174 Brian McCann
191 Ivan Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment