2012-07-18

2012 Opening Day Rack Pack #3

Rather than buy a whole bunch of these at once, or a whole box, I've just been picking up one whenever I'm at Target and feel like indulging my card-buying appetite. After three packs, I finally got my first Cardinals (Dan Haren notwithstanding).

2012 Topps Opening Day #206 David Freese

2012 Topps Opening Day #60 Adam Wainwright

2012 Topps Opening Day - Opening Day Stars #ODS-4 Adrian Gonzalez
When will scanning technology catch up to 3D cards? Imagine all the beautiful Sportsflics holograms we'll be able to see on blogs in 2050.

2012 Topps Opening Day - Elite Skills #ES-13 David Wright
Squibber. It's a funny word. Say it out loud six times. Squibber. Squibber squibber. Squibber squibber squibber. Also, "Barehand the Squibber" is one of my new favorite euphemisms for almost anything.

2012 Topps Opening Day - Superstar Celebrations #SC-3 Dan Uggla
I used to have Dan Uggla on my fantasy team, and then named it the Uggla Sticks, which I stole from an Onion article.

The base cards:
6 Bud Norris
19 Mat Latos
23 Troy Tulowitzki
28 Michael Young
31 Evan Longoria
32 Anibal Sanchez
45 Mark Melancon
60 Adam Wainwright
62 Ervin Santana
63 Pablo Sandoval
79 Hanley Ramirez
88 John Axford
89 Drew Pomeranz
142 Tommy Hanson
149 Adrian Gonzalez
151 Johnny Cueto
162 Ricky Romero
202 Starlin Castro
206 David Freese
218 Clay Buchholz
NNO (220) Carlos Lee

I know I've read this on multiple blogs already, but here's one more PSA for everyone: The unnumbered Carlos Lee seems to be an uncorrected error, so no more rare than any other card. So don't go making any crazy bids on eBay to get one.

1 comment:

  1. Barehanding the squibber... reminds me of one of the most awkward lessons as a teenager in Sunday School. The diagram wasn't really necessary.

    ReplyDelete