2012-08-27

eBay Wins #41

Another 1-card purchase, but this time I spent a whole dime.

2011 Topps Update
Walmart Parallel #U-298 Yorvit Torrealba
I can't quite tell what happened in this photo, maybe I should have sent this in for Nachos Grande's revenge round. It appears he may have just swung and lost his bat. But he also might have had a bug fly into his mouth.
For me, this guy has one of the most memorable modern names in baseball, just ahead of Raul Casanova.
Coincidentally, of the dozen or so red-border parallels of this set I have, I also have a Yorvit I just happened to pull from a pack. I suppose Rangers collectors really like the Target/Walmart Red/Blue border parallel system, since both are considered primary uniform colors. I know I think the Cardinals look much better in the red borders.

eBay Bargain Tracker
Total Cards Bought2013
Total Spent$38.54
Per Card1.915 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment