2016-09-02

Bowl Pick 'Em Contest Winnings, Part XVI

College football will be here again before we know it IS HERE, so I've got to get my prize from last season's Bowl Pick 'Em contest at Cards on Cards posted! My prize for a second place tie was a very generously sized box of cards, so I felt a bit overwhelmed even sorting through them. I finally sorted them out by player, and, as usual, I'll plan to post them all eventually, but I might quit halfway through, we'll see.

Part I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV

I had a decent number of Vince Coleman cards in the prize package, along with a few more from the same sets to round out this post.

1985 Fleer Update #U-28 Vince Coleman
1986 Topps #66 Cardinals Leaders
1986 Topps #370 Vince Coleman
1987 Donruss Highlights #36 Vince Coleman
1987 Fleer Limited Edition #10 Vince Coleman
1987 Sportflics #65 Vince Coleman
1991 Post #5 Vince Coleman
2013 Topps Archives #233 Vince Coleman
I'm very conflicted about that 2013 Archives card. On one hand, I like the card, and you can't have it! On the other hand, I first assumed it was 1986 Topps or Topps Traded from looking at the front, especially because it's a picture from somewhere around that time, not like the other Archives cards with modern pictures on card designs from 20-60 years ago. The actual 1986 card above tipped me off to double check the back, and I saw the 2012 copyright. I don't like getting confused by my cards, since I want to keep them all categorized and cataloged as correctly as possible. But, we can't really have modern cards with classic designs without running into this problem, I guess.

Donruss Highlights and Fleer Limited Edition were both sets I didn't have any of in my collection before these Vince Colemans.


1990 Topps Mini League Leaders
#73 Vince Coleman
#74 Jose DeLeon
I like these minis, like most minis, and I only had 2 of this set so far. There are two more Cardinals in the set, although since I collect Cardinals in any uniform, there are several more I'd like to get, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment