2016-05-07

eBay Wins #227

Here's another random penny basketball card, I picked up, and it's an insert no less. I really like Fleer Ultra's baseball designs, and this basketball insert set looks pretty good too. The highlighted circle is slightly embossed, a hallmark of late 90s cards.

1996-97 Fleer Ultra - All-Rookies #8 Kerry Kittles
As I've said before, the NBA definitely gets the short end of the stick when it comes to my sports fandom. There's only so much time to watch games, after all. If you gave me a "real or fake" test with some NBA players names and put Kerry Kittles in there, I might well have said fake. But I looked him up, and he had a 9 year NBA career. I'd certainly recognize any baseball player who played that long during my sports-watching lifetime, and probably any football or hockey player too. I'd have assumed that the reason for my lack of recognition was that the Nets never made the finals while he was on the team, but they actually did two seasons in a row, 2001-02 and 2002-03. I've just got a blind spot for basketball I guess.

eBay Bargain Tracker
Total Cards Bought4051
Total Spent$56.18
Per Card1.387 cents
Change0 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment