2016-03-14

Pi Day 2016

As a math guy, I should really do more to celebrate Pi Day. It seems to have become more well known in recent years, but in case you don't know, today is 3/14, and Pi is the transcendental number that begins 3.14..., so today has been declared Pi Day. Rather than geek out about it from a math perspective, I've opted for a baseball slant. I haven't really posted anything about it for a few years, since 2013 when I declared it Pete Incaviglia Day, because at the time he was the only P.I. in the major leagues.

1993 Topps - ToppsGold #7 Pete Incaviglia
Just over a month after that Pi Day, we got another P.I. in the majors - Phil Irwin. I don't have any cards of his, but he played with Pittsburgh in 2013 and Texas in 2014, for a total of 8.2 innings. Phil's going to have to put in a little more work to get his name on Pi Day, so Happy Pete Incaviglia Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment