2013-03-31

eBay Wins #67

Who loves junk wax?! I do, apparently. At least enough to bid on eBay auctions for "random" cards. I'm under no illusion that this is like buying a lottery ticket. I know full well there will be no "random" 89 Griffey, or 85 McGwire, or any other high-value card. However, as a collector starting in 1992 who didn't have the funds to buy a ton of stuff from previous years, these sets were once my missed opportunities. So there's at least a little nostalgia in these cards.

1990 Donruss #23 Ellis Burks
There were 15 1990 Donruss cards in the lot, but this was the only one that screamed out to be scanned. Something about Diamond Kings just seems premium in some way.


1988 Topps
#292 Carney Lansford
I'm going to give Al Nipper the win in this battle of the mustaches.


1988 Donruss
#469 Paul Kilgus
#470 Dale Mohorcic
#472 Dave Stewart
#473 Dave Clark
Those Texas T's used to be huge. Dave Stewart's the only guy I remember from these 4, unless Dave Clark happens to be guy from the Dave Clark Five.

In total, I picked up 21 more cards for 21 cents.

eBay Bargain Tracker
Total Cards Bought2264
Total Spent$41.49
Per Card1.833 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment