2017-01-25

Bowl Pick 'Em Contest Winnings, Part XXXVI

College football will be here again before we know it IS HERE IS OVER, so I've got to get my prize from last season's Bowl Pick 'Em contest at Cards on Cards posted! My prize for a second place tie was a very generously sized box of cards, so I felt a bit overwhelmed even sorting through them. I finally sorted them out by player, and, as usual, I'll plan to post them all eventually, but I might quit halfway through, we'll see.

Part I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X
XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX
XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII XXVIII XXIX XXX
XXXI XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV

The end is tantalizingly near. Is that even a sensible adverb in this situation?

1982 Kmart #12 Orlando Cepeda
1987 TCMA 1934 Cardinals #4 Ripper Collins
1990 Fleer - All Stars #5 Joe Magrane
1990 Pacific Legends #65 Orlando Cepeda
1992 Action Packed #22 Wally Moon
2002 Upper Deck World Series Heroes #24 Frankie Frisch
Today I've got some old guys, and Joe Magrane, who's quite young relative to the rest, but with what I have left, he fit into this group. It's always nice to expand my collection to new players. I had no previous cards of Wally Moon (though I did meet him in person and get an autograph), Frankie Frisch, or Ripper Collins, and I had just 2 Orlando Cepeda cards, from 2010-2011 and picturing him as a member of the San Francisco Giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment