2017-01-31

Bowl Pick 'Em Contest Winnings, Part XXXIX

College football will be here again before we know it IS HERE IS OVER, so I've got to get my prize from last season's Bowl Pick 'Em contest at Cards on Cards posted! My prize for a second place tie was a very generously sized box of cards, so I felt a bit overwhelmed even sorting through them. I finally sorted them out by player, and, as usual, I'll plan to post them all eventually, but I might quit halfway through, we'll see.

Part I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X
XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX
XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII XXVIII XXIX XXX
XXXI XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII

And now for a few oddballs.

1987 Fleer - Stickers Baltimore/Atlanta with Cardinals backing (x2)
1988 Fleer - Stickers Chicago White Sox/St. Louis with Busch Stadium
1991 Studio #133 Joe Carter
1992 Score #433 Cal Ripken, Jr.
There were actually two of the 1987 Fleer Stickers, so I decided to scan the back of one. There was only one 1988, but it looks pretty much like 1987 with a green background on the front. On the back you see Busch Stadium, which is now often called Busch Stadium II since the Cardinals are now in their third stadium by that name.

The Carter and Ripken cards were more packing material. Those are two pretty big stars to be throwaway cards, but there's a slight crease in them, and the sets are pretty common ones to begin with. Carter also played for Baltimore, so I might pass these two along to a friend of mine for his kid, so he can try to indoctrinate him into his Orioles fandom.

No comments:

Post a Comment