2017-01-06

Bowl Pick 'Em Contest Winnings, Part XXXI

College football will be here again before we know it IS HERE, so I've got to get my prize from last season's Bowl Pick 'Em contest at Cards on Cards posted! My prize for a second place tie was a very generously sized box of cards, so I felt a bit overwhelmed even sorting through them. I finally sorted them out by player, and, as usual, I'll plan to post them all eventually, but I might quit halfway through, we'll see.

Part I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X
XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX
XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII XXVIII XXIX XXX

If I've done the math right, I'm eliminated from this year's Bowl Pick 'Em contest already, with the final nail in the coffin coming sometime during the January 2nd games. So there will be no giant pile of Cardinals for me to dig through this year. But this one's still not done. It's getting close, though.

1992 Stadium Club Skydome #115 Tom McKinnon
1991 Fleer Ultra #289 Pedro Guerrero
1990 Post #22 Pedro Guerrero
1990 Fleer League Leaders #16 Pedro Guerrero
1989 Kmart Dream Team #33 Pedro Guerrero
1989 Kmart Dream Team #30 Tony Pena
1986 Fleer Update #U-73 Greg Mathews
The majority of this post is Pedro Guerrero, probably best known for playing for the Dodgers. He came to the Cardinals during 1988, and finished his career with the team after the 1992 season. Pedro's listed as a first basemen on 3 of the cards, but as a Pinch Hitter in the Kmart Dream Team set. He played plenty of 1B in 1988, so I'm not sure why that is. He played a little bit of outfield, too, in 1988 and in his final season.

Tom McKinnon never made it above high A, which is kind of surprising for a guy included in a mainstream set in 1992. The reason is because the selections weren't based on scouting per se, but there are 100 top picks in the set, and he was drafted #28.

No comments:

Post a Comment