2016-04-01

eBay Wins #219

As is usual in my eBay scrounging, traded or update sets are much more rare than their regular counterparts. In the time it took me to somewhat-randomly gather 148 cards from 1987 Topps, I got exactly one card from 1987 Topps Traded. And, it's only the 5th overall in my collection from the set.

1987 Topps Traded #47T Donnie Hill
Donnie Hill only ever played in the AL, and only through 1992, so he never even played against the Cardinals. But, thanks to baseball reference, I found something even more interesting about him. He pitched exactly once, and it was a full inning. He gave up one walk, got a strikeout, and retired the side without allowing any runs. Of course, everyone was pretty much ready to home by then, because that was the bottom of the = 8th inning, and the score had been 20-7 since the bottom of the 5th. He gets credit for a Game Finished, though, since his Angels were visiting the Brewers.

This card brings my eBay wins to a round-ish 3750 cards. That's 3/4 of the way to 5000, so it counts as round-ish.


eBay Bargain Tracker
Total Cards Bought3750
Total Spent$54.66
Per Card1.458 cents
Change0 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment