2016-06-28

eBay Wins #231

Today I've got two more eBay penny cards, which are fairly ordinary, but caused me to learn a lesson.

1988 Topps Traded
#29T Pete Smith
#111T Kevin Coffman
How do I know these are 1988 Topps Traded and 1988 Topps Traded Tiffany cards? The fronts are whiter and the backs are brightly colored, just like the regular 1988 Topps Tiffany set. The rarity of Tiffany means I can be fairly sure these aren't those since I picked them up so cheaply, but the key to certainty is apparently found on the back.

1988 Topps Traded
#29T Pete Smith
#111T Kevin Coffman
Those two asterisks on the bottom left indicate a non-Tiffany card, at least according to a few collector-maintained sites and videos. I think it all checks out, but I'm sure I'll revisit this question every time I get a brightly colored 1988 card and check through the cards in my collection to make sure they're all sorted correctly.


eBay Bargain Tracker
Total Cards Bought4176
Total Spent$56.82
Per Card1.361 cents
Change0 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment