2017-10-26

October Card Show Autographs

I'm back to going to my local card show regularly, and collecting autographs of any Cardinals I don't have yet. This time I actually added a duplicate. I got a Kyle McClellan autograph at a free signing several in the fall of 2011, oddly enough during one of his best seasons. This one wasn't very expensive, and I got it authenticated pretty cheaply as well, so I decided to add it to my collection.

Dick SchofieldKyle McClellan
Dick "Ducky" Schofield was there along with his son, also Dick Schofield. As Junior didn't play for the Cardinals, I opted not to get his autograph. Senior played for the Cardinals 3 separate times, starting off his career from 1953-1958 when he was traded away midseason. He signed with the team for 1968 and was traded away again in the offseason, to the Red Sox, who traded him back to St. Louis after the 1970 season, but he was once again traded away after another half-season in July 1971.

1 comment:

  1. Kyle has a nice sig for a modern player. Most guys with his long of a name would just give you initials.

    ReplyDelete