2016-02-13

eBay Wins #207

Today's eBay penny card from one of the rarer sets in my collection, 1986 O-Pee-Chee. I now have just 3 unique cards from 1986 O-Pee-Chee, and the other two are Cardinals. This was one of the years that O-Pee-Chee looked just like Topps, with just a subtle logo swap. That subtlety is the reason I have this card, as it was actually included in a lot full of 1986 Topps cards. Perhaps the seller knew, or perhaps the seller didn't even care.

1986 O-Pee-Chee #304 Howard Johnson
I mostly remember Howard Johnson playing for the Mets, and my dad making dad jokes, before "dad jokes" was an expression, about how he owned the Howard Johnson hotel in our town. He told me lots of things like that as a kid, and I believed every one of them, for awhile at least. I should probably write up the ones I can remember one of these days.


eBay Bargain Tracker
Total Cards Bought3417
Total Spent$52.64
Per Card1.541 cents
Change0 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment