2015-02-22

Tis The Season Winnings, Part VIII

Sometimes, I procrastinate posting and sorting some cards. Normally I don't pay too much attention to how long a particular item has been sitting on my desk, but given that this one was the Tis the Season contest from 2013, I've probably had it in my possession for a little over a year now. But, even with the long delay, I still want to throw Jeff at 2 by 3 Heroes some referral traffic while I show off my prize.
Part I II III IV V VI VII

Now we're moving into the mid-00s, when Upper Deck issued so many sets they're hard to track.


2005 Donruss #127 Pedro Martinez
2005 Topps #576 Matt Clement
2006 Topps #355 Jon Papelbon
2007 SP Legendary Cuts #7 Cy Young
2006 Upper Deck - Play Ball with Derek Jeter #PBDJ-5
2007 Upper Deck Artifacts #3 Manny Ramirez
I always have to double check whether Matt Clement ever played for the Cardinals, no matter how many times I find the answer is: No, he signed for 2008, but injury recovery kept him from ever reaching the majors before he was released. Cy Young, on the other hand, played for the Cardinals under their current and previous name, the Perfectos.

2007 Fleer Ultra #152 Adam Wainwright
2007 Upper Deck #69 Dustin Pedroia
2007 Upper Deck #590 David Ortiz
2006 Fleer Ultra #135 David Ortiz
2007 Upper Deck #573 Josh Beckett
Wainwright was the only modern Cardinal from the cards I got for these years, and he's one of my favorites. I also enjoy the two David Ortiz cards, showing him in his two natural positions: swinging, and homerun trotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment