2013-06-24

All-Star Winnings, Part 12

Way back in July 2012, I won a contest at Cards On Cards. The premise was to pick the Cardinals player who would have the biggest impact on the game, determined Sabermetrically. I picked the right player, and got a pile of Cardinals for my trouble. They've been sitting in that same pile, haunting me, for quite some time, so now is the time to show them to you.
Part [ I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI ]

We'll get this done before the 2013 All-Star Game, I swear.

1998 Upper Deck Mark McGwire's Chase For 62 #16 Mark McGwire
1998 Upper Deck Mark McGwire's Chase For 62 #18 Mark McGwire
1998 Skybox Dugout Axcess - Double Header #11 Mark McGwire
1999 Bowman #6 Mark McGwire
1999 Finest #70 Mark McGwire
2000 Topps #456 Mark McGwire
2000 Upper Deck Ovation #16 Mark McGwire
2000 Upper Deck Ultimate Victory #53 Mark McGwire
Here's a nice selection of Mark McGwire cards from his record-breaking season and the next two. The first two cards are from a boxed set Upper Deck put out to commemorate his 70 Home Run season, although it was called Chase For 62. That one might be a bit of a challenge to put together; I'm sure plenty of them are still sealed in complete sets. There were so many different sets issued from 1998 to 2000, that the only cards that don't represent sets that are new to me are 1998 Skybox Dugout Axcess, and 2000 Topps. The rest are the first (or first and second) from that set in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment