2012-02-08

eBay Wins #16

These three cards bring my eBay total to an even 1000, albeit with a 792-card set counted in there.

2001 Fleer Tradition - Warning Track #15 Gary Sheffield
I don't really know why I bid 6 cents on this card; I have no particular Sheffield collection. Maybe it's because it was an insert. You can't really tell from the scan, but the wall is embossed, as are the player and team name. I didn't have any 2001 Fleer Tradition yet, so this card will get its own slot in my boxes.

2000 Skybox - The Technique #8 Nomar Garciaparra
I do know why I bid 6 cents on this one, to add to my Nomar Collection. The photo on this card almost makes it look embossed, but it isn't.

2000 Topps - Golden Anniversary #GA42 Nomar Garciaparra
This one cost me 15 cents. I thought it was kind of odd Topps was doing their Golden Giveaway this year after celebrating their Diamond Anniversary last year, and sure enough, they had a Golden Anniversary insert set in 2000. Nevermind that apparently they lost a year somewhere along the way, celebrating 50 in 2000 but 60 in 2011.

All in all I've paid $21.29 for my first 1000 eBay cards. Not bad for just under the cost of a blaster plus tax.

eBay Bargain Tracker
Total Cards Bought1000
Total Spent$21.29
Per Card2.13 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment