2019-11-21

August Card Show Autograph

I'm catching up, I promise. This one's from August 2018.

After a few years of religiously attending my local card show most months, I find that often there's only one signer at any given show that I haven't already seen, if there's any new ones at all. Such was the case last August with Ted Sizemore.

Ted Sizemore
I was surprised to see I've never posted a Ted Sizemore card on my blog. I haven't posted cards frequently for awhile here, but I hope to get back to that before long.

Anyway, Ted Sizemore was NL Rookie of the year with LA in 1969, but only spent 2 seasons there before joining the Cardinals. The 1970s weren't a great time for the Cardinals, so his 5 seasons in St. Louis didn't result in any playoff appearances. He played 5 more seasons after that, going back to LA, then finally making the playoffs with Philadelphia, but unfortunately losing the NLCS to LA both years.

Part of the reason I blog these autographs is to remember my experiences of meeting the players, but my lag has seen my memory of the show completely wiped. I'm going to have to do a better job of writing these up in a more timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment