2018-09-27

November Card Show Autographs

I got a little behind on posting, so hey, let's catch up. The last autographed balls I appear to have posted was from the 2 shows I went to in October 2017, so let's see what November brought.

Gary Gaetti                                                 Joe Cunningham

Part of the reason I write these posts is to show off the new piece of my collection, but another reason is to make a note of how the experience was getting the autograph. Nothing unusual happened when meeting Joe Cunningham, but for Gary Gaetti, the guy in front of me in line had a pretty interesting project. He had created prints using graphics from RBI Baseball (probably the greatest NES baseball game). I'm actually not sure he only had them for players in the game, or if he made ones for other players, but Gaetti was on the Minnesota roster in that game. I've talked before about starting an RBI Baseball collection of some sort, but this guy went above and beyond. The funniest part was that the guy left his binder with all his hard work behind on the table. And he had apparently done all his card show shopping and the autograph was his last stop, because someone had to go catch him in the parking lot.

I already had Gary Gaetti's autograph on a ball, but that one didn't fit my collection very well. It has several other players on it I met at the Cardinals Winter Warmup one year. I figured since I had the chance, I'd upgrade to a ball that fit with all my others.

No comments:

Post a Comment