2017-03-17

March Card Show Autographs

I returned to my local-ish card show after several months off, either due to uninteresting autograph signers, or just a busy Sunday schedule on my part. Everything came together in March, and I added two autographed balls to my collection.

Ken ReitzDick Hughes
'67 WS CHAMPS
The guy in front of me had a 1980 All Star game ball, which impressed Ken Reitz. He said that was the only game that ever made him feel nervous, first because he found out he was starting in place of the injured Mike Schmidt, but also because he was the lone infielder in red, with the other starting 3 all members of the Dodgers, for a game in Dodger Stadium.

Dick Hughes kindly offered to put the '67 World Series Champs inscription on his ball, so of course I took him up on the offer. He only played in MLB for 3 seasons, 1966-1968, but managed to throw 222 innings in 1967 alone, and get a World Series ring out of it.

2 comments: