2013-04-26

This Break is so 2007, Part III

When CaptKirk42 of the aptly named CaptKirk42's Trading Cards Blog opened up a break of 5 boxes of 2007 baseball cards, I jumped right in to claim the Cardinals and my 2 random teams. It was slow to fill so each slot wound up with 3 random teams, which also caused me to pick up the Dodgers as well in hopes of a Nomar Garciaparra card or two. In all I got the Athletics, Braves, Cardinals, [Devil] Rays, Dodgers,  Mariners,  Royals, and Twins.
I | II ]

Turkey Red was the biggest reason I got in this break. Ever since I jumped back into collecting with 2010 Update, which had a Turkey Red insert set, I enjoyed the look and feel of the cards. I gather from other card blogs some folks were getting tired of Turkey Red by that point, but I was just getting started. I was quite tempted to try to get some 2013 Turkey Red, but the price, scarcity, and resale shenanigans just put me off.

2007 Turkey Red
#25 Albert Pujols
#37 Edgar Renteria
#72 Chris Carpenter
#87 David Eckstein
#135 Jason Isringhausen
#172 Kelvin Jimenez
Here we have the Cardinals base cards, including an Edgar Renteria as an Atlanta Brave.


2007 Turkey Red
#25b Albert Pujols - Ad Back SP
This is a variation SP, where it appears Albert has held his pose from above long enough for the sun to go down.


2007 Turkey Red
#48 Prince Albert
Here's yet another Albert, this time in Checklist form.


2007 Turkey Red - Chrome
#102 Elijah Dukes #0528/1999
The shininess of this card didn't really come through in the scan, although it doesn't have quite the same finish as the usual Chrome cards.


2007 Turkey Red - Relics
#TRR-AJ1 Andruw Jones
I'm still a sucker for relics, so this is a pretty cool Andruw Jones card, especially since it still shows him in his Braves heyday.


2007 Turkey Red - Cabinet Cards
#DP-DY Delmon Young
I could be fooling you with simply resizing the picture, but I assure you I am not. This is the one-per-box Cabinet card, about twice as wide and tall as a regular card. I wish it had been a Cardinal, but still it's a nice looking card. Now I just have to figure out how to store it. Between this and the Chrome, this was a good box for the Devil Rays.




No comments:

Post a Comment