2012-06-02

A Contest Win from 30-Year Old Cardboard

I only recently found 30-Year Old Cardboard, when another blogger promoted the contest he was having for 500,000 hits! Obviously I was late to the game on this one, but I made it in time for the contest and won one of 10 prizes.

1987 Donruss #492 Barry Larkin

1987 Fleer #204 Barry Larkin

1987 Topps #648 Barry Larkin

For a long time, I didn't like Barry Larkin, because he took Ozzie Smith's spot at the 1993 All-Star game (at least in my 10-year-old and new-to-baseball mind). As I got older and learned that other teams can have good players, and even nice guys, too, I appreciated Mr. Larkin a lot more. So, winning these 3 Larkin rookies was really cool.

A big thanks to 30-Year Old Cardboard! Go follow his blog if you haven't yet, there's a ton of posts to read every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment